Implant Supported Dentures in Waxhaw, NC
Patients who are missing all their teeth in the upper or lower jaw may avoid replacing them because they feel like traditional dentures are their only solution. It’s understandable—there are too many patients that settle for loose, uncomfortable dentures.
Thankfully, dentures in Waxhaw can be combined with dental implants to provide a better solution: implant supported dentures. Whether you have some missing teeth or severe tooth loss, implant supported dentures can fill those spaces in your smile and restore your oral health.
Understanding Implant Supported Dentures
Implant supported dentures are a tooth replacement solution for patients who have sporadic missing teeth and may rely on a partial denture. They can also be for patients that have a whole arch of missing teeth or both missing arches.
Dentures are secured to the jaw with the meticulous placement of dental implants, providing you a permanent solution to your tooth loss problems.
Since our trusted oral surgeons will strategically place your implants within the jawbone, you’ll experience maximum stability and newfound structure.
Viable Candidates for Implant Supported Dentures
When you consider getting dental implants, you’re already making a great step towards better oral health. Getting implants takes a great commitment to excellent oral health, and only candidates with these habits and features should really move forward with the dental implant process:
- A true commitment to better oral health before, during, and after their implant process, dedicating their efforts to the success of their implant procedure.
- A clear bill of health. Since you will be undergoing oral surgery, our office will need to have access to your medical records. You should not move forward with implant placement if you have an autoimmune disease, as it will slow down the healing process.
- A non-smoker or committed to quitting tobacco use. Tobacco will slow down your healing process and could infect the affected area during the healing period.
The Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
By providing stabilizing roots for your denture prosthetic, dental implants offer one of the best solutions to tooth loss. The benefits of this method for securing a denture are numerous. They include:
- A more stabilized jawbone for better oral health.
- Eliminating the need for denture adhesives.
- Improvements with eating and speaking naturally.
- Enjoying your favorite foods again without difficulty.
- A long-lasting replacement option that’s built to last a lifetime!
Call Ruocco Dental Today!
If you are dealing with a loose, uncomfortable denture, or if you’ve been dealing with unfortunate tooth loss at any level, feel free to contact our Waxhaw, NC office right away to discuss whether or not implant supported dentures are the best dental restoration for you. We look forward to helping you solve your oral health issues!